Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Other things I liked at Design Indaba 2013


The incredibleness from Africa!Ignite - I bought one and am so happy I did


Justin Southey and Clementina Van Der Walt's art pieces in the 'totenism' collection


I loved everything about the things on this emerging creative's (Nawaaz Saldulker) stand.  I took a photo of his business card as the layout of that I also thought was spot on.


Ikstingkt - a very well resolved Flatpack magazine rack in the shape of a Rhino.  What I liked was the level of detail in the design which could be applied to various other animals/shapes.  Fantastic packaging.


Zanzan Umbrellas  - made with Wax print designs.  Brilliant. Now maybe we can get the Schweschwe factory to stay open...  


The Visibility vest and bag really hit home I thought.  Most of South Africa commutes in the dark and walks along the side of road during phases in their journey.  We hardly even have pavements in most places.


The CCDI Handmade Collection for 2013 was vaguely more interesting this year than last year but still I thought sort of missing the boat.  Maybe it was due to lack of entries though?  When compared to products on display at the Totenism exhibition it is clear that there is a high calibre of exciting work available. Pictured is work from The Wren Design Studio (bags), David Bellamy (wall rack), Indigi (bowls and stools) and Sithabe African Crafts (mirror)


Clever and a great concept - but I wonder how well these do on gravel roads in rural areas or even on the pot-holed pavements and streets in our townships?  


I'm a sucker for African Fabric print so loved the Elle Deco stand covered in it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Text Backlink Exchanges

Labels

Blog Archive