Sunday, June 24, 2012

Excitement

There's so much going on.
And it's all good and interesting stuff. that's making me happy.


Tomorrow I install my window display at the Fringe Arts on Kloof Street and hang a few new pieces inside that will blow your socks off. Or at least I hope they will.  Think rolled books, long chains of hanging treasures and interesting shapes as well as Spekboom plants growing out of books. Not a bird or heart in sight!  Well, actually there is one heart  - I haven't lost my commercial sense all together.  Topping it all off are A1 size posters with quotes and thoughts, hand drawn or painted or printed or sewn, they will change every second day so keep an eye out.


I am working on another 2 privately commissioned book pieces as well which are giving my spirit a bit of a work out.


In the beginning of July I have a lovely holiday planned to the Eastern Cape for a bit of Grahamstown festival, a Great Karoo road trip and a wedding.


I came across these quotes while researching a get-together for creative entrepreneurs that I am planning for the end of July. I like them. They all sum up how I see my business.


A lot people never use their initiative because no one told them too
-Banksy


"Nobody talks about entrepreneurship as survival, but that's exactly what it is and what nurtures creative thinking. Running that first shop taught me business is not financial science; it's about trading: buying and selling."
- Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop

"Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you're generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make."
- Donald Trump


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Text Backlink Exchanges

Labels

Blog Archive