Saturday, June 23, 2012

An Origami Lesson

I've just spent a very pleasant morning teaching a group of friends how to fold cranes and horses which they are doing for a friends wedding décor.  1000 cranes are needed in total for Luck so they are still folding steadily (and chatting and laughing and drinking bubbles and eating cupcakes).

I am always reminded during these lessons at how nervous we are as adults to learn something new.  The common denominator is always seems to be fear of failure and not making it correctly ie. I'll never be able to do that, I can't do crafty stuff, I don't get this type of thing... blah blah so it goes.

And then the best part is when everyone's stumbled through 2 or 3 cranes they suddenly click and realise they can do it.  And they have learnt something new that stimulates a part of their brain they'd forgotten all about.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Text Backlink Exchanges

Labels

Blog Archive