Tuesday, September 25, 2012

From the past - Broekie Bags

I learnt to sew from my delightful cousin when I spent a week with him in Nieu Bethesda back in July 2010.  I'd just come back from working at a Lodge in Northern Mozambique and was feeling rather shell shocked at being back in civilisation so headed for a small town fast.

Anyway... from this came the Broekie bags.  I love Schweschwe with a huge passion and have metres of the stuff in my cupboard.  Combined with the lace and felt shapes I think it all just works very well together.

These were also one of the first products I tried to sell in various shops but no one would take them... which I was sad about but I kept making them and selling them via friends and family.

I have found that Fabric City on Sir Lowry Road behind the Castle in Cape Town carries the widest selection.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Text Backlink Exchanges

Labels

Blog Archive