Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Decorex and stuff

I have gone into super over-drive this week.  The reason being I decided last week to do Decorex in JHB and this has led to a mad flurry of activity.  Of course I decided this would be the perfect time to get all those designs I have been thinking about for the past year out into the world... so it's been a mad rush.

Think bunny and zebra popup greeting cards in gorgeous bright colours!  I am very excited to finally see these in print.

I've also finally got round to printing cards (business card size) with some of my typical sayings on them.  The idea is that you can just hand them out when you feel the need :-)  Bit cheeky, always inspiring and affordable.  There are 5 different sayings.   Chantal you would be proud!

And yes I did go rob a bank basically to get this all done and made. So with heart in my mouth I am hoping the good people of Jo'burg love my stuff and buy it all...

The Creative Entrepreneurs Session last week has also just kept rocking and rolling.  All sorts of people have been getting in touch.  I am planning the next one for the end of September so if you aren't on the mailing list do go join it - if you came to the first talk you are on the mailing list already.

I've been fiddling around with display ideas for Decorex and am excited about doing something a bit more slick and showing my new work that's been up in the Fringe Arts for the past month. I am painting my whole stand with a Charcoal Paint (Plascon Colour Black Beard) and investing in some of the really posh Country Road frames to show off the prints.  These combined with the rolled book artworks and the new work I think will really stand out.  One wall is going to be dedicated to some interesting jewellery I have been working on - rather loud, bright necklaces made from a mix of materials and found objects.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Text Backlink Exchanges

Labels

Blog Archive