Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Teaching Origami

I've spent the last week basically living at Cavendish Square while putting up some paper installations - a rather surreal experience and not something I would recommend to anyone.  Though I do find it quite peaceful at about 1130 at night when no one else is there and the building seems to just hum.  Bizarre.


Anyway - from Monday to Thursday this week I have been doing Origami classes with 8 different schools from the surrounding areas assisted by various kind people (Kate, Linda, Ute - Thank you).  Vida'e Cafe kindly donated a stack of old Obrigado magazines for folding.  Groups of 20 kids at a time all clustered round the table.  The other part of this is that they also paint the boarding that is up around the escalators supervised by Lizanne.  The results have surpassed all my expectations and we are all well pleased.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Text Backlink Exchanges

Labels

Blog Archive