Thursday, April 7, 2011

FUN WITH FABRIC: NEW LINE R.P. MILLER FROM RODMAN PRIMACK DEBUTS IN LA

While visiting the Hollywood at Home open house during Westweek, I discovered a brand new fabric collection, R.P. Miller. Designed by Rodman Primack, the textile collection was inspired by 18th and 19th Century Japanese woodblock prints, and comes in an earthy palette of deep reds, indigo blues, and easy to use neutrals. Rodman, an interior designer and art expert, brings his global perspective from time London as the Chairman of Phillips de Pury and Company into his warm modern interiors. As an expert in contemporary art, his career has included working for Larry Gagosian, Christie's, and most significantly for his design career, New York-based designer Peter Marino.
He explained how his grandmother inspired his design interest that influences him daily, "I have always been inspired by Japan and spent much of my childhood in my grandparents exquisite modernist Japanese home in Laguna Beach which was filled with textiles, antiques, lacquer ware, ceramics and art from their travels there. The collection is very personal and is in many ways an homage to my grandmother and all the beauty and adventure she shared with me. The Miller in RP Miller is for her, Mrs Miller. My love for all things Japanese led me to live in Japan for a time as a teenager and my appreciation for the aesthetic that imbues all aspects of life there has never abated".
Peter Dunham is the first to debut the collection at H at H, and I am so pleased he did!

I love the variety of pattern scales, from a large over scale floral to a tiny star pattern, the fabrics will work in many settings.

My favorite, the faux bois zig zag print on the sofa, resembles an old wood block print. It is made current by the large scale and fresh blue and white colorway.

The print is the center looks like rushing water with flowers, bringing the beauty of the natural world inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Text Backlink Exchanges

Labels

Blog Archive