Monday, January 23, 2012

The bicycle skeleton man

So I have been zooming past the man who lives out of his trolley on the side of the highway by the Gardens centre for ages and always admiring these wooden figures he's making.  Well, he had some completed ones so I stopped last night and bought one.  It's probably one of the most original pieces of work I've seen in ages and reminds me of the figurines seen in the Mexican day of the Dead.  I've never seen anything vaguely similar carving and design wise anywhere in Southern or East Africa  - really interesting. I asked him about and he said it comes from my mind.

If you don't feel up to stopping next to zooming traffic and having a chat with these chaps then HAAS in the Bo-Kaap is selling them too for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Text Backlink Exchanges

Labels

Blog Archive